My First Time Doing Swim Team!!

          So for swim team, my mom originally signed me up and I wasn't too excited about it. My first two practices were really hard and I wanted to quit. I've never really trained, swimming-wise, before, and it was a lot harder than I expected to be. I was the only new girl, and I was the only one who hadn't been doing swim team since I was a toddler. I didn't feel left out necessarily, but I felt really slow.
          My times from the time trials don't show that I'm slow, but I felt slow. After the first couples practices, the practices got slightly easier, but it was still really hard. I went to practice 3 times a week for 4 weeks, and then there were the hours for going to meets. I competed in 2 meets, and each lasted around 4 hours. I had never been to a swim meet before and it was really interesting, and long. I swam in 5 heats and because I'm in one of the older age groups we were waiting around a lot. The first meet I got good placements, and the second meet I got okay placements, but overall I was happy with how I did. Mainly because I thought I would do way worse.
          Overall, it was a really good experience, I'm glad I actually followed through with it, and I met some really nice girls. Competing was fun, it was really stressful and anxiety-filled. I had a good time, and I might do it next summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Second Day in Hanoi

First Day: Arrival!!!

Day 2: First Day of Scavenges!!